Events and CLEs
The 2023 Upper Midwest Immigration Law Conference is available on-demand. Registration and access details here.
COVID Policy: Effective April 7, 2023, the AILA MN/DAK Chapter will no longer require proof of vaccination status to attend Chapter in-person conferences, meetings, or events. Mask-wearing is encouraged but optional. Please act responsibly and with consideration for the health and safety of others by following applicable guidelines. The Chapter reserves the right to re-impose COVID restrictions as recommended by the CDC, if the risk or incidence of COVID increases prior to the meeting.
An inherent risk of exposure to illness, including COVID-19 and its variants (herein collectively referred to as “COVID-19”), exists in any public place where people are present. A remote webcast option for participation in Chapter webinars will be available to those unable to attend in person. Those participating by webcast are responsible for providing their own computer and other equipment used to access the conference, and to pay for connectivity. Webcast participants also assume the risk of computer and Internet malfunctions and connection problems.
By registering for and attending in-person Chapter events, attendees agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- To accept primary responsibility for taking steps to protect yourself and those around you from contracting COVID-19.
- To follow all federal/state/local public health and government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety in effect at the time of the conference.
- To fully comply with any health, safety, and other policies instituted by the Chapter and the venue while attending the conference, including any modifications and/or enhancements of health and safety protocols.
- To pay for all costs and expenses if you contract COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 prior to or while at a Chapter event.
- Food, beverage, and conference services may be modified or curtailed at any time if necessary or appropriate to meet COVID-19 health and safety practices, mandates, or recommendations, as determined by the Chapter or the venue.
- Under no circumstances shall AILA, the MN/DAK Chapter, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors be liable to you (or anyone claiming through you) for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death), arising in any manner from COVID-19 or otherwise arising from your travel to/from, attendance at, or participation in, the conference.
- AILA and the MN/DAK Chapter have no responsibility for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death) arising in any manner from an event organized by the AILA chapter occurring prior to, during, or after the conference. You assume all risks from attendance at such events.
- You agree that this assumption of risk and agreement does not supersede or limit any applicable law limiting or barring the liability of AILA, the MN/DAK Chapter, its officers, directors, employees, and/or contractors from any claims related to COVID-19.